Meet the Athletic Director
Mr. Les Richardson
1 Corinthians says, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" (NIV)
St. John's believes that taking care of one's body is a critical part of a Christian education. In addition to two recess periods each day, all K-8 students participate in physical education classes at least twice a week.
Need Uniforms or PE Clothes?
St. John’s offers the following extracurricular sports, depending on student interest and coaching availability: volleyball, flag football, basketball, cheerleading, and softball. These sports are available for boys and girls. Participation in the athletic program at St. John’s is a privilege. In order to participate, the student must abide by these rules:
1. Written permission must be obtained from the parents for any given sport.
2. Eligibility requirements must be met.
3. All students who participate must be present for all practices and games. If a child is not present for a practice or game, he/she should present a written excuse to the coach in charge of the activity.
4. Each child must have a physical examination before participating in vigorous team sports.
5. A fee is paid to St. John’s Lutheran School for athletic equipment, league entry fees, and referee expenditures for each sport in which a student participates each year. The fees are published in the information handed out to the student at the beginning of each sport season.
6. The number of students permitted on a team is determined by the Athletic Director.
7. Students absent from school on the day of a planned activity may not participate in the activity. If illness occurs on Friday, the student may participate in weekend games.
8. Parents and students are required to read and sign the athletic policy and philosophy statement, and to uphold them to the best of their abilities.